To preserve the family and cultural heritage of Jean Durand dit La Fortune (1636-1671), the Durand Heritage Foundation researches and disseminates genealogical and other information about his ancestors and descendants through the voluntary efforts of its members.
The Durand Heritage Foundation (DHF) is a public, not-for-profit organization educational and research corporation chartered in the State of Minnesota and operating under §501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code. Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowable. The Foundation affords no pecuniary benefits to its officers and members.
If you are a Durand, have a Durand ancestor, or are interested in Durand family history and genealogy or French Canadian history, we invite you to join the the Durand Heritage Foundation. Membership dues entitle you to receive a year’s subscription to our Newsletter, usually published four time a year.
Established in 1998, this website provides members and the public with access to information about the shared heritage of Jean Durand. DHF provides the information on this website in furtherance of its educational objectives.
Current Operating Objectives
Durand Heritage Foundation History
The officers elected at the first DHF meeting in April 1998 were: Mike Durand, President; John Durand, Vice President; Elizabeth Kinslow, Secretary; Susanne Krasovich, & Cecile Foley, co-Treasurers; Official Photographer, Fred Foley
The projects identified at the organization meeting in July 1998 were:
- Integrate and expand the Durand family data base, i.e. family tree, pictures and other important documents.
- Disseminate information about the family tree
- Have a CD- ROM printed for distribution purposes.
- Have a printout of the family tree available.
- Develop a central repository of information for family records, data, etc.
- Promote the Durand Heritage Foundation through the newsletter and trips.
- Develop and preserve our family history through the collection of stories and pictures to possibly be published in book form or by other means.